Saturday, March 01, 2008
Gaza Strip Facts:
- About 79% of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip are living in poverty.
- Unemployment affects about 258,600 Palestinians, 102,500 of whom are from the Gaza Strip.
- Border closures have affected or temporarily shut down 3,600 businesses.
- 80% of Palestinians are unemployed.
- Current economical losses are estimated at around one million dollars a day.
- At least 1,300,00 Palestinians are estimated to be food insecure.
- Since the latest Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation started in September 2000, more than 21,000 people have been left homeless in the Gaza Strip.
- Palestin refuge: Jordan 1,827,877 refugees, Gaza 986,034 refugees, West Bank 699,817 refugees, Syria 432,048 refugees, Lebanon 404,170 refugees, Saudi Arabia 240,000 refugees, Egypt 70,245 refugees and many other country like Europe etc..